- In the news: by Tony Wardle
In the news: by Tony Wardle
- Vegan Baileys: You either love it or hate it but BAILEY’S sickly sweet, toe-curlingly horrible, cream and whiskey ‘liqueur’ (okay, I don’t like it!) now has a vegan option. Made with almond milk, it is only available in the US as yet. Can’t wait!
- Chicken farm plans scrapped: We recently objected to plans for a BIG BROILER UNIT in Northern Ireland and it received great local media coverage. We have now learned that the plans have been scrapped.
- Slaughterhouses hide CCTV footage: More than 30 slaughterhouses are refusing to allow official vets to see CCTV FOOTAGE of animals being killed. Many even fail to store the footage they’ve shot so deleting the evidence. Nothing to hide there, then!
- More vegan options in Sainsbury's: SAINSBURY’S are to increase their Free From and Vegan ranges to include four flavoured ice creams made from coconut milk and a vegan feta cheese.
- New paintings from Philip McCulloch-Downs: Viva!’s artist in residence PHILIP MCCULLOCH-DOWNS’ pig project Face Off film, The Best of British, reached 82,000 people. Well done, Phil. All the animal art videos are viewable on viva.org.uk/pigproject.
- Vegan margarine option from Flora: At last, at last! FLORA has finally bowed its knee to veganism. Its new Dairy Free Flora Freedom contains no ingredients of animal origin and claims to contain 60 per cent less fat than butter.