Head of Communications
The Head of Communications is responsible for the management and creative leadership of Viva!’s PR, marketing and web activities. They will lead a broad spectrum of PR, marketing, social media and digital activities, including brand, website, digital design, printed materials, newsletters, video and crisis communication plans....
WHO WE ARE
Viva! is one of Europe’s largest vegan organisations. Since 1994, Viva! has worked tirelessly to create a kinder world for animals, through exposing the truth about animal farming practices, and promoting the joys and health benefits of a more compassionate vegan lifestyle. Through our undercover investigations, we show people first-hand how animals are suffering in appalling conditions, as well as providing information on how consuming animals is one of the biggest causes of environmental destruction. And with our extensive culinary and nutritional resources, Viva! is well equipped with all the information the public needs to make the change, and leave animals off their plates for good!
HEAD OF COMMUNICATIONS
The Head of Communications is responsible for the management and creative leadership of Viva!’s PR, marketing and web activities. They will lead a broad spectrum of PR, marketing, social media and digital activities, including brand, website, digital design, printed materials, newsletters, video and crisis communication plans. This role is responsible for increasing support, engagement, and income through successful communications strategies and digital campaigns, ultimately to raise our profile across all communications platforms. The Head of Communications is a member of the senior management team responsible for our overall strategy, management and success. This is a fast-paced role managing an evolving team of content creators, coders, designers, videographers and agencies, with a view to expanding our reach and influence.
The Head of Communications manages a staff team of six, including staff responsible for marketing & PR, social media, website and food and cookery.
Reports to: The Director
Contract: One year maternity cover, with a view to a permanent role. Full time. This is based at the Bristol HQ.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Deadline: Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on Monday 30 November 2020. Interviews will take place in Bristol the week commencing 7 December 2020.
How to apply
To apply please email your CV and covering letter of no more than two A4 pages outlining how your experience is appropriate for this role. Your CV must contain two referees, including your current (or most recent) employer who will only be contacted if you are offered the job, and your current (or most recent) salary. Send to Jess Nunn, Director’s Executive Assistant at email@example.com.
- Excellent understanding of a range of digital platforms, particularly in relation to the non-profit sector and the vegan community, including social media, web and newsletters
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret KPIs to improve communications strategy
- Experience in building and executing outstanding integrated PR and marketing campaigns, across a wide spectrum of print and digital marketing
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills, to produce highly targeted and effective press releases, letters to editors, and digital content
- Experience in pitching to the press, dealing with media enquiries, and confidence in representing the charity in media interviews, including written, radio and TV interviews
- Understanding of SEO and Google Adwords
- Flair for creating engaging and compelling video, graphics, blogs, newsletters and other communications content. Experience in keeping content to brand guidelines
- Highly organised, proactive and collaborative. Adept at working to tight deadlines
- Direct management experience and ability to manage both staff and external stakeholders, freelancers and agencies
- Strong team player
- Oversee a broad spectrum of communications content, edit and proofing work as needed and ensuring a high level of quality control and adherence to brand guidelines to maximise their effectiveness
- Develop key messages and effectively convey these across all platforms, including press, social media, podcast, web and advertising – drafting adverts for internal and external publications
- Write and oversee engaging, accurate media releases and directly contact and influence journalists to promote our campaigns, key staff members and other areas of work
- Proactively seek means of raising our profile utilising the wide range of key staff, celebrities and stakeholders
- Managing paid media - liaising with advertising agencies and sourcing advertising opportunities and place adverts in the press or on the radio
- Oversee the development of new websites and apps, with a strong focus on branding, consistency, user journeys and usability
- Create original copy for features, blogs, letters to the editor, comment pieces and so forth, on behalf of staff and on issues relating to our work. Keep abreast of such issues in the news and regularly draft responses
- Create and approve content across digital and print channels. Responsible for leadership, innovation and new ways of thinking across communications
- Write letters to companies, government officials and members of the public, as requested by the director
- Manage our presence on third party sites such as Just Giving, Wikipedia and actively seek reciprocal links with other relevant businesses and websites
- Work in partnership with other teams to develop and maintain strong and consistent user journeys for donors, supporters and members of the public, to ensure a positive experience
- Be responsible for managing the communications team, including digital communications, web developers, content editors, fundraisers, PR & marketing, and food and cookery
- Keep a record of press communications activity. Measure and evaluate all communications activities, reporting back to senior management. Develop and expand the methods we use to reach and monitor media by looking at effective new platforms
- Responsibility for crisis communications planning and resolution
- Delivering training for teams and other relevant stakeholders in brand and digital marketing. Updating the brand guidelines as necessary.
- Producing internal communications policies to ensure effective and consistent messaging
- Represent Viva! as appropriate
- Act as custodian for the Viva! brand